Transitions & Goodbyes

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I Transitions. Changes. Goodbyes. It’s never easy leaving your comfort zone and launching into the unknown. This past week has been a whirlwind of emotions. From feeling overwhelmingly happy from all of the love I have received from friends, family, and my boyfriend Mark to experiencing true sadness. I’ve been repressing my departure for months, taking it day by day, and I’ve realized I’ve done a great job at it. It didn’t hit me until this past weekend. Walking into the surprise going away party Mark planned and seeing all of my friends in one place saying their farewells, did it for me. I’ve had a permanent lump in my  throat since then and saying goodbye to my family and friends have made me release all of the emotions I’ve been holding back. I guess its ok to feel a mixture of emotions. It makes me know I’m alive and  at the brink of a new beginning. 

No matter the distance, I hope to be connected to you my friends and that is why i am writing this blog. I want to share my thoughts, feelings, and adventures with you as I make my way in Germany. i’m excited to finally start practicing dentistry in the US Army while exploring every corner in Europe. 


It is 10:26 pm right now (6 hours ahead) and I’m exhausted after all of the traveling I've done. My flight left out of BWI at 0220 and arrived to Ramstein airforce base around 1550. By the time me and the rest of the 400 passengers on my flight were taken care of, it was dinnertime. I went to Chili's for my last American meal and I am now relaxing because a bus is taking me to my base(few hours away) early tomorrow morning.

As I begin this transition into the unknown, I think about a mandala my best friend Patricia gave me before I left. "It reminds us to find a sacred wholesomeness in the present moment, but also to accept that everything changes and that somethings are too beautiful to stay in one place and in one form forever." 

Miss and love you all,
Stephanie

No comments :

Post a Comment