Bavaria

Saturday, June 13, 2015


So I'm finally settled in Grafenwoehr after the long 6 hr bus ride from yesterday! It almost seems like I'm lost in time because the days are so long here and I'm still pretty jet lagged. Sunrise was around 5:00 am and it didn't set until 9:20 p.m., which is later than I'm used to. 

                                                          Welcome to Grafenwoehr!

 Since this is my first duty station and I'm overseas, the army assigns everyone sponsors to help with the transition. My sponsor has been so amazing so far. She's helped me set up a bank account, german phone number, my new mailing address (Message me if you would like it :) ) and also answer the million questions that I've had so far. It's so comforting to have someone there to talk to and ease through this transition since these past days have been kind of lonely. As the days have passed by, I'm a lot more excited about my stay in  Germany as I am surrounded by the beautiful landscapes, food, and culture. But, I'm still missing my Mom, sister, Mark and the rest of my family/friends I'm sure it will get better with time.

Today, I was also able to see the dental clinic and it was really nice. Lots of natural lighting and nice equipment. Nothing compared to the old clinic at Rutgers...haha After that, I attended the endodontist's going away dinner at an authentic German restaurant 20 minutes away from base and was able to meet other colleagues from the dental clinic. The schnitzel with cranberries and salad were amazing! At least the beer was cheaper than water :)
Anyways, have an amazing weekend!! Miss you all!


 



No comments :

Post a Comment