Passenger

Monday, July 6, 2015

Reflectors... check. New lock... check. Backpack is set, and off I went. 
My new helmet felt a bit tight, but helmets will always be uncomfortable. This is the first bike ride in months and it feels amazing to finally catch a breeze as I ride instead of sweating from walking everywhere. I finally bought a mountain bike last night and I could barely wait until today to ride it!! This will give me an opportunity to explore the towns outside of base and also the many bike trails around this region. Even though I passed my German drivers license test last Monday (yay!!),  I have to wait until I find a decent used automatic car to purchase. Until then, I will bike everywhere!



I headed off to a public pool near base that I discovered last week and paid 2.50 euro to enter. The pool is surrounded by a huge park and camping ground and has a small cafe. Most of the people who go are Germans, but there are also many Americans. I posted my towel on the wooden deck and alternated between the water and tanning under the blazing sun. I'm so happy that I am able to enjoy the water and the sun. It finally feels like summer. :)


The temperature this past week has been in the 90s and since Germans don't believe in Air conditioning, I've been dying in my room. All of the fans in the PX (military version of target) are sold out therefore I've been taking cold showers before bed and considered applying icy hot to cool me off haha... The temperature today is in the 80s so it feels a lot cooler.

After the pool, I biked around the small town and captured photographs of some of the beautiful flowers, buildings, and landscape. I also bought a basket of nectarines, greens, and spaetzle for 3 euros! I am amazed how cheap locally grown fruits and veggies are. I will definitely have no problem being healthy here in Germany despite all of the pretzels, beers, and bratwursts. It was a wonderful relaxing day and hope to continue having days like this as I adjust to life in Germany. Miss you all and hope all of you had a wonderful Fourth of July Weekend!!








No comments :

Post a Comment