Butternut Squash soup

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

So this morning, I had the pleasure of playing the role of a patient as I got my wisdom teeth extracted. I was a bit relaxed since I know what to expect during this procedure, yet really nervous because I didn't know how it was going to feel. I wasn't going to be sedated for this procedure because I had to make sure to be ok to drive myself home.

I didn't feel the top two come out, but the bottom right one, #32, was a literal pain. First, the roots were very curvy and also very close to the inferior alveolar nerve, where damage to this nerve can cause parastheia of my whole lower right side. Because the tooth was very close to the nerve, it was also difficult to numb even after 5 injections. I was still feeling it after an intra-pulpal injection, yikes! (sorry for dental terminology). They sectioned the tooth in half to make it an easier extraction, but I felt almost every bit of it. Lets say it was not pleasant. My doctor did a great job though, so I was happy.

I'm off from work until Monday and have to make sure to gets lots of rest and also take my pain medication. My cheeks are less puffy after my long nap.

Unfortunately, I will have to stick to a soft food diet for a bit. A lot of people eat lots of icecream jello, mash potatoes, and pudding, but I have to stick to Kayla Itsine's guide so I will continue being healthy.

I made this amazing butternut squash soup for dinner and it was super easy and also delicious! A must for the fall season and if you are looking for something quick to make for dinner.Let me know how it goes!

Butternut Squash Soup






Ingredients:

  • 4 cups of butternut squash, cubed
  • 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, cubed
  • 1 celery, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • squeeze of a lemon
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil or any oil of preference
In a small pot, add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and let it heat up. Add garlic and onions and celery and allow for the onions to become translucent. Add in the butternut squash, sweet potato, ginger, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and then stir all of the contents together. Pour 2 cups of vegetable broth and 1 cup of water into the pot and allow it to boil under medium heat for about 30 minutes. 


Once the butternut squash and sweet potato become soft, turn off the heat and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Squeeze a quarter of a lemon into the pot and stir. Afterwards, place the contents into a food processor and mix well. If you want the soup to be more of a puree don't add so much of the liquid. Pour in a bowl and sprinkle some black pepper and thyme. Enjoy :)



Also a huge thanks to my friend Esther who surprised me with a delicious blueberry protein smoothie at my house! Love her! 



















No comments :

Post a Comment