What do you live for?

Wednesday, August 26, 2015


Thinking about this question, the first two words that came to mind were: 1. Love and 2. Connection. But, I'm going to go with the word Love because it encompasses connections to many things and people.

So why do I choose Love?

Love is such a powerful word that many neglect to acknowledge or think deeply about. I think Love is the root of all positivity, happiness, and pureness in this world. Experiencing this feeling creates warmth, compassion, empathy, passion, gratitude and eliminates negative feelings that may set in from time to time.

The first love I live for is Love for myself. It might sound selfish, but nurturing and accepting myself helps nourish positive thoughts and actions that affect how I project myself to the world and how I treat people. Love is so humbling and helps me accept that everyone has flaws and not to take anything personally.

The second love I live for is Love for my Family and Friends. Nothing makes me happier than seeing them smile or experience moments of bliss. It's amazing to be surrounded by such positive energy and knowing they will always be there in times of triumph and difficulty. I want to support them and extend all of gratitude and love for how they have shaped me.

The third love I live for is Being in Love. There is nothing better than experiencing those sharp, rapid heartbeats when I see him or abandoning all insecurities and trusting that person completely. Merging hearts together to create an infinite lasting love. Though there is always the risk of heartbreak, not being vulnerable to the possibility of an endless love due to fear is even worse.

The fourth Love I live for is Love for all things in this world. A sunset, a happy dog, an excited cat, rainy days, beaches, tasty food, music, nature, meeting strangers, traveling, sleeping, being at home. There is so much love for all of these little things. Sometimes we forget to appreciate and build gratitude for them, but they are essential in completeling the puzzle.

All of these Loves I talked about are what I live for. They make me feel alive and make me do all I do everyday to generate more Love.

So what do you live for?  





  

No comments :

Post a Comment