Innsbruck

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Wow!! It has been such a long time since I've updated my blog. November came and went! I cannot believe that it is already December and I am days away from going home back to NJ!!! I cannot wait to see my family, Mark, friends, and the little things I miss about America and being home.


I feel so lucky to have been able to travel to so many beautiful places this past month and I feel so happy to be living in Europe. Every place has its charm and because it's so foreign to me, I appreciate the beauty of all its simplicity. Here is a long and overdue post when I went to Innsbruck after my dental conference in Garmisch.



October 23, 2015

So my friend Esther and I set out on a road trip to Innsbruck right after the dental conference ended on Friday afternoon. It was only a 50 minute ride and by the time we arrived at our hotel, we were exhausted and went to sleep.

After 2 cups of coffee and awesome meats, cheeses, and bread for breakfast, we started our weekend adventure at the Swavorski Kristallwelten museum in Innsbruck.

I have seen a picture of this "Giant" on pinterest a while back and thought how cool this would be to witness in person. The Eyes and T zone of this Giant are covered in Swavorski crystals and it marks the entrance of this interesting museum.




The museum had loads of history and also showcased the biggest crystal in the world. Overall, the museum had really cool futuristic exhibits of the crystals and different contemporary art. It was definitely something to see. At the end of the museum, there was obviously a huge Swavorski store, and YESS  everything was so much cheaper since it is the factory!!

After exploring the grounds of the Kristallwelten, we met up with our friends Jordan and Morgan, for lunch. We drove to a restaurant up on a mountain, which was suppose to have the best authentic Austrian food ,with a view of the Alps on the horizon.



The atmosphere of the restaurant was so rustic and homey that it brought feelings of warmth and comfort as I ate my meal. I am a huge dessert fan and a dish called Kaiserlauten, was probably one of the best I have had in a long time. It is basically a shredded pancake with powdered sugar. Ours had blueberries and was brought out in a cast iron plate. We shared this of course!



Once we were loaded with energy after our big lunch, we went to Nordkette, which is part of Austria's largest nature park where you could see breathtaking views of the Alps and Tyrols. We were so lazy to hike up the mountain unlike other locals and tourists, so we took the cable up 7,401 ft to Hafelekar mountain where the views were spectacular.




We were all not prepared for how cold it was up there, so we froze and were blown away by the gusty snowy wind. We took haven in a bar up there and defrosted until we had to take the cable car back down.  It was definitely a beautiful sight. I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Innsbruck.


After visiting Nordkette, we drove to the zentrum of Innsbruck, which is the main downtown.

The zentrum had lots of shopping, cool restaurants, and bakeries. After walking for so long we ate dinner at an Italian restaurant and searched for the best Apple strudel and chocolate cake in all of Innsbruck. It was worth it! Innsbruck is a charming ski town and we will definitely be back in the next couple of months. Next stop: Salzburg



















No comments :

Post a Comment